Friday, October 17, 2008

Raspberry Cake

2 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. fresh raspberries of one 10-12 oz. package frozen raspberries, thawed and drained

Sift dry ingredients together. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat well. Add vanilla.
Pour 2/3 of the batter into greased 9x13" pan. Sprinkle over with the berries- cover with remaining batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes until center tests done with toothpick.
When cool, glaze with the following icing:
3 tbsp cream
1 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
Beat until well blended.

This recipe was given to me by one of my third grade students when I got married. It is delicious without the glaze as well. I made this frequently when I was a newlywed and call it Honeymoon Cake.

No comments: